Measure twice and cut once
Before implementing of new IT-systems or before expansion of functionality of existing IT-systems it is important to make the design. In the absence of this stage there is bigger opportunity to receive sub-optimal, poorly scaled, and difficult solution in usage and in management. In turn, properly designed project will let to implement a system as quickly as possible, fully meet the requirements and expectations of the Customer. NETWAVE provides a service for the design of infrastructure and IT systems providing the flexibility, scalability and security of the developed solution. The design process includes the following steps:
- Determining the needs and wishes of the Customer. At the first stage of designing the Customer voiced the task to be implemented.
- An analysis of the task and the concept of the future system creating. At this stage is making work with the received information, considering possible options of systems and complexes, making the choice of optimal solution, which can the most effectively complete the task. It is also possible to model and demonstrate work of proposed solution with the help of NETWAVE’s demo lab, which includes a set of network, server hardware and various software. According to the results of implementаtion of this stage will be confirmed the concept of the future system.
- Preparation of detailed technical specification. After the selection and approval of the concept is making work on compiling a detailed technical specification. Also specifies the wishes of resiliency, security and growth of the future system. As a result, the document of technical task for IT-system design is compiled. This stage is very important in the whole process of designing, as the next steps will be based on information from the technical specification.
- Development of high-level decision design. At this stage of the design is formed a list of necessary components of the solution, their functional purpose, defined methods and scenarios of interaction between them and with the existing information systems of the Customer. An example of determining the mode of interaction is the choice of protocol to obtain user information from a corporate directory, example scenario – as how will rebuild routing of data in case of failure of one of the supporting routers. If it is necessary in further information about the existing infrastructure of the Customer can be conducted an audit of information systems in which Customer is interested. For example, while implementing of IP telephony will need an audit of the network infrastructure, while the modernization of wireless network the radio prospecting will be needed. According to the results of this stage will be created a document with the description and the full functional scheme of solution.
- Equipment selection. On the basis of the results which were obtain in the previous stages of design, is carried out the selection of the necessary equipment, preparation and approval of the specification.
- The launch of the pilot system. In some cases of designing can be used a pilot system in the infrastructure of the customer to verify the work of proposed solution, and the load and functional testing. To expand the pilot system an equipment proposed in the project or similar equipment can be used. According to test results adjustments in the project can be made, if necessary.
- The development of low-level solutions design. At the final stage of designing the low-level design solution is developed, consisting of layouts, install, and connect hardware and software modules, modes of system components. An example of a low-level design while creation of a local network is a block diagram solution with the placement of equipment in the telecommunication rack and switching magazine.
Depending on size and complexity of the developed system some individual design stages may be combined or separated into multiple components. For simple solutions after agreeing of technical task it is immediately possible to prepare equipment specification and implementation scheme. In the large and complex systems, each stage of the design must be made with the preparation of the relevant documents and with it’s approval by responsible representatives of the Client and the Performer. But, despite the complexity of the system, the correct and consistent approach to the design is necessary for obtaining the desired result – a package of documents for the implementation of solution.
A structured approach is needed for the successful implementation of decisions. Design takes an important step, since the results of its performance directly affects on the quality of solution work. NETWAVE has many years of experience in implementation, staff of qualified engineers and is ready to perform work on the design for the various systems of the Customer. The portfolio of the company has a lot of installations, which include the first implementations in the country. Success in these installations was achieved particularly thanks to the correct approach to design.