Virtualization in the general understanding — is the principle of separation of object from its representation. Applying to the different IT areas virtualization increases efficiency of equipment and controllability IT systems use, provides resources in some unified and convenient look, provides new functionality.
TASKS WHICH ARE SOLVED BY MEANS OF SERVER INFRASTRUCTURE VRTUALIZATION
Server infrastructure virtualization is reduced to computing resources consolidation due to placement of virtual computers set on one physical server or a server failure-safe cluster and solves the following tasks of IT services optimization:
- existing equipment utilization;
- ensuring corporate services availability at one of servers or its components failure;
- energy consumption and a thermal emission in DC optimization;
- service process simplification;
- acceleration of new servers expansion processes, backup, restoration and transferring on other knot;
- efficiency increase due to modern servers computing capacities use.
TASKS WHICH ARE SOLVED BY MEANS OF WORKSTATIONS VIRTUALIZATION
Workstations virtualization is approach at which there is a division of a working user environment (OS, applications, data) and the physical device with which it works (PC, laptop), and the following tasks are solved:
- Data security provision and control — considerable decrease of data loss risk due to user data centralization, applications and resources within data processing center infrastructure, the centralized data control and audit for compliance to corporate security policies ensuring.
- Continuity of business increase – remote desktop availability at any time, from any world point, increase of workplaces reliability due to thin clients with a minimum of mobile parts use, in case of failure of the thin client all data remain untouched, close to zero stay in work.
- Means economy – energy consumption reduction, repair costs decrease, workplaces service and modernization.
SOLUTIONS AND TECHNOLOGIES USED IN VIRTUALIZATION SYSTEMS
VIRTUAL desktops INFRASTRUCTURE (VDI)
Vendors and technology: Citrix XenDesktop, VMware View, Microsoft VDI, Quest vWorkspace
REMOTE DESKTOP SERVICES HOST \TERMINAL SERVICES
Vendors and technology: Citrix XenApp, Microsoft RDS, Quest vWorkspace
Vendors and technology: Microsoft App-V, Citrix XenApp, VMware ThinApp
NETWAVE COMPANY APPROACHES to VIRTUALIZATION SYSTEMS IMPLEMENTATION
- Readiness for migration into virtual media of the customer existing server IT-infrastructure audit.
- An optimum technical virtualization solution selection.
- Detailed solution project documentation creating.
- Failure-safe solution implementation for high availability of virtual computers ensuring.
- Data backup and restore centralized automated system implementation.
- Implementation of virtual infrastructure monitoring system and standard scenarios and operations automation, related with cluster virtual computers and knots creation and service.
- Detailed project documentation at each stage of the project creation.